Opportunities for PAs abroad!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Today my post is very exciting because I am writing about different programs I can join after earning my PA degree that allows me to work abroad! I have always been exposed to traveling overseas, especially at a young age, so these kinds of experiences are very intriguing to me.

There were many different sites that came up when I googled "PA programs international," so I decided to start on one site in specific. It is run by a group called the AAPA, which is the American Academy of PAs. I also found the following statement about the AAPA on their homepage: "AAPA is the national organization that advocates for all PAs and provides tools to improve PA practice and patient care." I remember hearing about this group in one of my classes that I took my freshman year at Duquesne, and it is a trustworthy source. 

The site did direct me, however, to a database called "PAs for Global Health." This site generated many, many different work opportunities in foreign countries. Off of the bat, many of the programs were available in 1, 2, 3 or 4 week time slots, which I thought was very convenient. There were programs listed for almost any place you could think of: Australia, the Caribbean, Turkey, New Zealand, Russia, and different parts of Africa and Asia. They were all generally outreach programs in which you educated citizens or gave some form of health services to people in need. Also, I did not realize that opportunities would not only be available in places abroad, but also there were many listed for places in rural areas of North America that do not have adequate healthcare or providers. This will be an important idea to remember if I would like to enter an outreach program that is not overseas. 


It was very interesting to look at all of these different opportunities and I really want to consider doing one in the future!

Thanks for reading as always,


-Meredith :)





Sites Mentioned:

https://www.aapa.org/career-central/career-advancement/international-practice/pas-working-abroad-frequently-asked-questions/

https://www.pasforglobalhealth.com/opportunities-database/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does the medical field need PAs?

Dream speciality

Nurse Practitioner vs. Physician Assistant?