Balancing school and sports

Hello everyone and good morning! Today I am going to talk about how I balance my busy life of studying to become a physician assistant and division I swimming in college. I am also going to discuss how swimming contributes to my studies. This is a very interesting and easy topic for me to write about, so I am excited for today's post.

Swimming has always been an outlet for me to relieve stress and my unwanted emotions. Whenever I feel upset about a tedious group project, sad about a bad grade on a test, or nervous about an upcoming class speech...I just jump in the water. Immediately, I feel relieved. This also helps me to clear my mind for work and studies that I have to do later on in the day, so it is very beneficial. 

Swimming also helps provide me with a strict schedule, one that does not allow for activities that might get me into trouble. This helps keep me focus and eliminates distractions. I often succeed when I have a daily rhythm that I perfect, so I enjoy staying busy in college for this very reason. 

Swimming has played such an important role in my life, especially in college. My GPA is always higher during the semester that I am in season compared to when I am not in season, so it even shows on paper to be advantagous. Therefore, I want to be able to continue my love for exercise and swimming even when I have graduated from college. I feel as though setting aside time to work out and swim in my future life will positively impact my career as a PA!

Thanks for reading,

-Meredith :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does the medical field need PAs?

Nurse Practitioner vs. Physician Assistant?